July 24, 2002


MESSAGE: I CARE
ARGONNE, Ill. -- Bunnypants expressed sympathy for the little people who are suffering financially, in what his nursemaids say is an effort to avoid one of the mistakes of his father, the elected, only slightly less clueless President George H.W. Bush. For instance, pResident Dumbass said his biggest concern about Sunday's record bankruptcy filing by WorldCom Inc. is the effect on the employees. "I worry that people will lose work," he said.*

Daddy's Widdle Doofus had come to Illinois to give a speech** about homeland security, to remind the public that hey, there's a war on! the evildoers are still out there! your swarthy neighbor could be getting into a strange cropduster at this very moment! I'm the commander-in-chief, dammit! the economy is not the only pressing issue facing the country. He spoke nearly two hours, while the Wall Street trading session numbers headed decisively downward, closing off 234.68 points. - From the Washington comPost.

*What a guy! And did I mention that now I won't be able to retire until I'm 78? If my job doesn't disappear, that is.
**Did anyone happen catch what the backgound-slogan-du-jour was? It wasn't something like "Lying to the American People", was it?!






No comments: