October 15, 2002





I'm sort of back. Some kind of virulent cold germ has been passing itself around at work, and on friday it was my turn. I've spent the past 2 - 3 days sleeping. When I called in today I found out except for my boss, who's on vacation, my entire department is out sick.

It's almost time for a bowl of chickarina soup, some scotch, and another nap.



"America speaks with one voice," says the Ignorant Impotus. Oh really. "On the streets of America, nothing could be further from the truth," says ABCNews.

Across the nation, in city after city, ABCNEWS found voices of opposition, and many of them were from military towns. In addition to concern over timing and unilateral pre-emptive action, people question the president's motives. Many people told ABCNEWS they thought it was a "diversion from the faltering economy."

Debra Cassens, a businesswoman from San Diego, said it was about revenge: "Bush is trying to settle a score that began with his father," she said.

John Schneider, also from San Diego, said, "I think the president wants to take action to enhance his own position. The war powers resolution was timed to benefit those running for election this November."







No comments: