April 30, 2003

Ari 'the lying heartthrob' Fleischer caught in the act
Q: And then, on the judicial nominations, where precisely in the Constitution is the Senate required to hold an up or down vote on every judicial nominee?

Ari: I said that the Constitution is clear, a majority is required to confirm judicial nominees. The Senate process has now moved to a point where it's becoming almost a matter of routine --

Q: You said that they were required to hold an up or down vote.

The Liar: I said, the Constitution is clear, a majority is required to confirm --

Q: Just prior to that, you said that they are required to hold an up or down vote.

Ari: You can check the transcript, but when I cited on the Constitution, I said just what I said verbatim on the Constitution.
....................
Ari, in his opening comments: "The Senate has a constitutional responsibility to hold an up or down vote on all judicial nominees within a reasonable amount of time."

Ba-dum-bum.



No comments: