April 26, 2006

Appreciate you, decider-explainer
The Decider-in-Chief welcomes his new spokesliar:

Good morning. I'm here in the briefing room to break some news: I've asked Tony Snow to serve as my new press secretary.

Tony already knows most of you, and he's agreed to take the job anyway. And I'm really glad he did.

I'm confident that Tony Snow will make an outstanding addition to this White House staff. I am confident he will help you do your job.

My job is to make decisions. And his job is to help explain those decisions to the press corps and the American people.

He understands like I understand that the press is vital to our democracy. {Since when?!? - Ed.}

I appreciate Scott's offer to help Tony Snow prepare for his new job. And I'm proud to welcome Tony as part of our team. Appreciate you, buddy.

No comments: