May 19, 2007



"It just gets worse and worse"

The image I can't get out of my head is of Alberto Gonzales carrying a document for Ashcroft's signature into the man's hospital room, attempting a sneaky end-run around the deputy whom Ashcroft left in charge of the department, knowing full well that Ashcroft was seriously ill and almost certainly medicated. What did he intend to do, guide the man's hand?

This is the attorney general of the United States, ladies and gentlemen. Heaven help us.
-- Eugene Robinson at the WaPo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on getting the image of these assholes who knew what was going down and they sat on their bloody hands for YEARS before they confess (and by "confess" I mean "point the finger at the OTHER conspirators while downplaying your own involvement in thc crime.")

::mwah::

Anonymous said...

I meant:

getting the image *out of my head* of these assholes...


::mwah again::

Anonymous said...

I don't know how sick Ashcroft really was. I mean a gall bladder operation can be a wipe out or a relatively mild procedure. Depends.
The image of a beleagured Ashcroft defending our freedoms looks dramatic, but is really hard for me to believe.
Could he have not understood the gravitas and just wanted a nap? Or mayhaps he felt the need to write another song.