July 10, 2007



Rethug family values and the sanctity of marriage
Republican Senator and moral values guy adulterer David Vitter "sorry" he was caught cheating on his wife, but he's found Jebus so it's OK.

Sen. David Vitter, R-Lapdance, apologized Monday night for "a very serious sin" after his telephone number appeared among those associated with a prostitution ring operated by the so-called "D.C. Madam."

"This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said in a statement. "Several years ago, I asked for and received forgiveness from God and my wife in confession and marriage counseling. Out of respect for my family, I will keep my discussion of the matter there — with God and them. But I certainly offer my deep and sincere apologies to all I have disappointed and let down in any way."
"This is not going to play well with his constituents at all. Vitter is someone who's always touted himself as a social conservative. Someone really steep in family values. And this isn't just accusations of an extra-marital affair... this is being linked to someone whom you pay to have sex with. And that is not going to go over well with his constituents." -- some CNN correspondent this morning.

There are no atheists in foxholes. Or in any other kind of holes, apparently.

Fun Vitter quotes: “I think Livingston’s stepping down makes a very powerful argument that Clinton should resign as well and move beyond this mess.” - -David Vitter, commenting on Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA), who “abruptly resigned after disclosures of numerous affairs” in 1998.

“This is a real outrage. The Hollywood left is redefining the most basic institution in human history, and our two U.S. Senators won’t do anything about it. We need a U.S. Senator who will stand up for Louisiana values, not Massachusetts’s values. I am the only Senate Candidate to coauthor the Federal Marriage Amendment; the only one fighting for its passage. I am the only candidate proposing changes to the senate rules to stop liberal obstructionists from preventing an up or down vote on issues like this, judges, energy, and on and on.” --
-David Vitter, on "sanctity of marriage” in 2004.

Oh, and he also has ties to convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff.


"Man, those hookers were great!"
******

3 comments:

Undeniable Liberal said...

Vitter’s wife, Wendy, was asked in 1998 what she would do if her husband strayed. “I’m a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary,” she said. “If he does something like that, I’m walking away with one thing, and it’s not alimony, trust me. I think fear is a very good motivating factor in a marriage.”

Anonymous said...

Geez, even the Republican WOMEN are full of bullshit & braggadoccio!

Maureen said...

Yeah...and now another hooker in
New Orleans say Vitter was also
one of their clients...ummmmm........
seems the guy gets around. Wonder
if Wifey knew about this scene???