February 17, 2008

We're 6 years old!

Damn... I just noticed this blog turned six years old this month. What were we writing about back in Feb 02? The Enron scandal, Bunnypants' "Axis of Evil" speech, repuke moral values, and golf jokes:

Golfer: "I've played so poorly all day; I think I'm going to go drown myself in that lake."
Caddy: "I doubt you could keep your head down that long."

Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to be able to break 100 on this course."
Caddy: "Try heaven. You've already moved most of the earth."

Golfer: I've never played this bad before.
Caddy: "I didn't realize you had played before, sir."

Golfer: "Caddy, do you think my game is improving?"
Caddy: "Oh yes, sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to."

Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time, caddy. It's distracting!"
Caddy: "This isn't a watch, sir, its a compass!"

Golfer: "Caddy, do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday?"
Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin any day of the week!"

Golfer: "This golf is a funny game."
Caddy: "It's not supposed to be."

Golfer: "That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old."
Caddy: "It's a long time since we started, sir."

Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron?"
Caddy: "Eventually."

Golfer (screaming): "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world!"
Caddy: "I doubt it. That would be too much of a coincidence!"
We also had a totally different look which wasn't saved when we changed our template not too long ago, so the older stuff looks kinda weird. Otherwise, it's amazing how other things have hardly changed at all. 

Happy birthday to us! And a huge thank you xxoo to you all for your support and encouragement!


24 comments:

Bustednuckles said...

Happy Birthday!
I have really enjoyed coming here for years now myself.
I just keeps getting better.

Anonymous said...

And I've enjoyed and laughed in every year.
Happy Blogday!
Lilybelle

Fixer said...

Big Mazeltov, Maru! Don't know what I'd do without you in my day.

JasonC said...

wow, time fucking flies, don't it? you're the best, M!! here's to many, many more... *cheers*

Zena said...

Happy Birthday!

gallery said...

Cheers, and a big fat kiss for bringing teh antidote for teh stupid.

julian said...

Congrats, Maru. I like your blog the bestest.

Anonymous said...

好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 工作总结 个人工作总结 半年工作总结 年终工作总结 单位工作总结 教师工作总结 教学工作总结 学校工作总结 德育工作总结 财务工作总结 医务工作总结 安全工作总结 乡镇工作总结 党员工作总结 团委工作总结 公司工作总结 实习工作总结 班主任工作总结 党支部工作总结 办公室工作总结 学生会工作总结 总结报告 工作报告 政府报告 述职报告 述廉报告 考察报告 自查报告 情况报告 调研报告 调查报告 申请报告 辞职报告 实习报告 验收报告 评估报告 汇报体会 工作汇报 思想汇报 汇报材料 情况通报 情况汇报 心得体会 学习心得 工作心得 培训心得 读后感 发言致辞 发言稿 开业开幕 领导讲话 动员讲话 庆典致辞 节日致词 新春致词 晚会致辞 追悼词 节目游戏 毕业致辞 思想宣传 组织人事 晚会主持词 会议主持词 婚礼主持词 常用书信 表扬信 感谢信 倡议书 责任书 承诺书 检讨书 申请书 保证书 决心书 悔过书 建议书 慰问信 邀请函 条据书信 礼仪文书 贺电贺词 社交礼仪 个人礼仪 商务礼仪 职场礼仪 涉外礼仪 饮食礼仪 节日礼仪 婚庆礼仪 鲜花礼仪 其他礼仪 交际礼仪 秘书

KidRanger said...

I come here every day just to see what new name Maru will call George W. Asshat.

And for the cats.

Keep up the great work, Maru, and congratulations!

Susan said...

Congrats and love, Maru, with special thanks to the kitties. None of us could get through it without you.

shayera said...

Happy blogday Maru!
Love this place soooo much! Here's to many many more.

Rita from Timber Creek Farms Organics said...

Willie Nelson said to an interviewer once: "I love having my own private golf course. Why, look at this hole right here -- it's a par 87 -- and yesterday I birdied that sucker!"

HB2U Maru!

Demeur said...

A happy Bday to you and the clan and for those who'd forget what this page looked like you can copy the web address and take it to:
http://www.archive.org/index.php
That's the waybackmachine donchaknow.

ThePoliticalCat said...

Happy Birthday, Maru! You've saved my life so many times over the past X years, it ain't funny. If I hadn't found you, I'd be toe-tagged in a cold box somewheres. Long may you blog!

Fearguth said...

Happy Blogiversary, Maru!

Our blogs were both born on February 18. How about that!

David Weisman said...

Happy birthday! I just feel bad for the poor caddy, he can't get much in tips.

Anonymous said...

You are my day! Happy today and many tomorrows.
Pablo's Old Dog

big em said...

Love the mix on your site Maru! Politics(with a bite to it)/snark/angst/ephemera -- it's my first stop daily! Happy Blog-Birthday, and thanks!

nunya said...

Congratulations and thanks for the last 4 years of laughs, sorry I missed the first two.
:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the belated wishes.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Maru, and here's and cheer's to another year!

NO BODY!
NO BODY does it like you!

Thanks muchos loados!
siri

skippy said...

happy blogiversary, maru!

Cookie Jill said...

Happy Hoppy Blogiversary!

The Sailor said...

Happy blogiversary!

maru said...

Wow, thanks, everybody!!!!