October 15, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!

With a custom Divorce cake.

A marriage is often celebrated with a big wedding, and a big wedding cake. Each member of the community eating a small piece of a big cake is symbolic of the fact that marriage is not merely a private affair, but also a public concern. All too often, however, divorce happens privately, shamefully, and out of the public eye. I say, let's publicly celebrate divorce. Let the community participate in the dissolution of marriage, as well. Let them eat cake, too!
Sounds like a great party opportunity!


4 comments:

shartheheretic said...

On my way to work the other day, I saw a car parked in front of a house all dressed up with bows & soda cans hanging off the back and writing on the back window..."JUST DIVORCED". I almost drove off the street laughing. She must have had one heck of a party (girly colors on the car decorations gave it away).

shartheheretic said...

Erm...the car was dressed up, not the house. Bad sentence structure. Sorry.

Undeniable Liberal said...

I saw a house parked right between a car......
I ain't got no idea where them dangling modifiers ain't been at, I think.
Better?

Anonymous said...

i have given three, attended several more and had one for self, divorce parties!!!!
it's a HUGE reason to celebrate!
and not a new tradition, by a long shot.
LOVE the cakes!
hehe
siri