November 30, 2008

On the Lord's Day

God's one and only true church, the one that condones priests having buttsecks with the altar boys, tells parishioners that they have committed a mortal sin if they voted for Obama.

A Roman Catholic priest has told parishioners they should confess if they voted for Barack Obama because the president-elect supports abortion.
The Rev. Joseph Illo says his parishioners at St. Joseph's Catholic Church in Modesto shouldn't risk losing their "state of grace" by receiving communion sacrilegiously. He delivered the message in a Nov. 21 letter and during mass.
Bullshit like this is just one of many reasons I now consider myself a former and recovering Catholic. The power of hypocrisy compels you.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness.
- Emo Philips