August 19, 2012

ONE LOVELY LADY



She was a hero of mine. She wrote a book titled "Having It All" in the early 70's or perhaps the late 60's. I'm not sure about the copyright date, but I read it in paperback form, like in '74 or something? It changed my life and she was like a mother I never had. She taught me so much about myself, accepting myself and allll about accepting, loving, enjoying and re creating my female human sexuality, and she just brought me into the "now" of my life. I loved her.

She actually wrote to me, she knew me and remembered me and my name. She was the mom I never had. I loved her dearly and I do believe she did that to millions of women in her lifetime. I knew her health was fragile and I tried and failed to prepare me for her passing for decades. She made a major contribution to this entity of a human female, me as well as to this old world. I loved her dearly and am sad she's not here anymore, but I'm certain she'll be one of the ones applauding my arrival when I cross over.

I am, in my heart, glad to share this with you. She was HUGE in my life. She still is and she'll remain so till I get there where she is now.

FYI, being a Cosmopolitan woman MEANS being able to walk into any situation, party, board room, gathering, event, anywhere at any time and being comfortable, desireable, and having enough of an intellect and experience to participate in the conversation and make friends, make admirers and find friends and admirers. To be able to party in ANY group of people any time, any where. And TO ABSOLUTELY look your best, be as attractive and sexy looking as you can and are when you walk in. I love that definition and living up to it is and has been a riot of fun and parties and new friends and a plethora of old friends.

Bye-bye, Helen Gurley Brown. You changed my life and still influence my decisions! I love u dearly and will never forget all I learned from you as I try to teach those things to the younger women I encounter in my life.
She earned SOOO MANY FEATHERS on her angel wings!

Blue Margarita





*smilin' thru the tearz*











2 comments:

One Fly said...

I wish there would have been a male that did the same for guys.

siri said...

omg NO KIDDING! She was a solid self esteem boost and who, male or female, doesn't need that??? I agree. TOTALLY.
siri