October 21, 2005

White House defense shaky in CIA leak case
It wasn't their fault! It was the media! Everyone else was doing it!

Honest! I ran outta gas! I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake, a terrible flood, locusts... it wasn't my fault!!

Yeah... that's the ticket!

Even if White House aides leaked a covert CIA officer's identity, they were simply passing along information they'd already heard from the news media, the administration's supporters maintain in a defense that looks increasing shaky as new evidence accumulates.

Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald now knows that Scooter Libby met three times with New York Times' WH propagandist Judith Miller before the leak of Valerie Plame's identity, that Libby initiated a call to NBC blowhard/Clinton cockhunter Tim Russert and that Libby was a confirming source about the wife of Bush misadministration critic Joseph Wilson for Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper.

Accountability. Character. Values. Integrity.


Oh please oh please oh please...
****

No comments: