August 27, 2007

I can't recall why I resigned...

Alberto Gonzales's comments to the press:

Good morning. 13 years ago, I entered public service to make a positive difference in the lives of others. I failed. But during this time, I have travelled a remarkable journey from my home state of Texas to Washington, D.C., supported by the unwavering love and encouragement of my best friend forever, Preznit Bush. Oh, and my family.

Yesterday, I met with the Preznit and he informed me that I had better conclude my government service as his Super-Secret Special Shys... uhh, Attorney General of the United States, a position I abused by lying, partisan knobgobbling, cronyism and incompetancy.

I have lived the American dream. Even my worst days as attorney general have been better than my father’s best days. Money, power, being at this preznit's beck and call as a partisan, rubberstamping hack... I am profoundly grateful to him for his friendship and for the many opportunities he has given me. God bless America.
-- actual speech here.


Good riddance and fuck you too.
******

4 comments:

BadTux said...

And of course there's the timing -- while Congress is out of session. Can you say "recess appointment"? After all, Dear Leader done been electorated, so he don't care whether Congress boos and hisses him as long as there isn't 66 votes for impeachment in the Senate.

- Badtux the Timing Penguin

divageek said...

It doesn't look like there's a recess appointment in the works. Not that Bush has any integrity, but there is this agreement between him and Harry Reid:
http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003913.php

Don't let the door smack your ass on the way out, Alberto.

Anonymous said...

Eat shit and DIAF, Gonzo. And take that POS you called yer boss with you.

Anonymous said...

This is more & more reminiscent of the end-days of the Nixon administration! One sleazoid after another! Although we're rightly shocked at at this crop of assholes that "W" spawned and foisted off on us, it gives one a sense of proportion to recall that Spiro Agnew - - a VICE PRESIDENT at the time - - was forced from office due to a long-time construction bribery case that he pleaded no-contest to.