February 26, 2008

McCain flipflops on '100 year' remark

My friends, Mr Straight-Talker is now cutting and running from his previous comment about not cutting and running:

"By the way, that reminds me of that '100 year thing'. My friends, the war will be over soon. The war, for all intents and purposes, although the insurgency will go on for years and years and years. But it will be handled by the Iraqis, not by us."
Boy, talk about having it both ways. Nice waffling, pal.

McCain flipflops on "I could lose over Iraq" remark
My friends, Mr Straight-Talker said he could lose the election over the war before he said he wouldn't lose over the war.
John McCain said Monday that to win the White House he must convince a war-weary country that US policy in Iraq is succeeding. If he can't, 'then I lose. I lose,' the maverick said. He quickly backed off that remark.

Wehhh! I can't make up my mind!

No comments: