August 14, 2002


MOMENTS IN CHURCHILLIANA
"Here's the way I put it: If somebody wants to work and can't find a job, we have a problem. And we need to do something about it here in America." - the Oaf of Office, Waco, 8/13/02.

"I think one of the things you'll hear is that even though times are kind of tough right now, that we're America." - ditto.

"I say as plainly as I can to CEOs - if you break the law, we will hunt you down. We will arrest you, and we'll prosecute you." - sigh.

"Oh, there may be some tough times here in America. But this country has gone through tough times before, and we're going to do it again."

"This is -- it's really a fine seminar because the quality of the people are great. Wait until you see who's here when you go to lunch. It's really impressed. And this is a topic that is a vital topic for the country, and that's trust. You know, how do we make sure people can trust what they see, can believe what they hear, can understand -- understand that they're being told the truth when it comes to numbers and make sure the fine print, you know, is fully exposed."

"I think this is a very important day. It's important for all of us here, but more importantly, or as importantly, it's important for people who are paying attention to what is said here."

"Listen, thank you all for coming. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." - See http://www.whitehouse.gov for transcript. Sounds like it went well.

No comments: