August 26, 2002





"The president's opinion is the press looks silly." - Ari "the Liar" Fleischer.




We are back home, jetlagged, catching up with the news and our blogpals in Blogtopia. I'd say it's good to be back, but I always get sick to my stomach whenever I arrive in the hellhole that is Newark International Airport - which doesn't bode well for me, since I hear it'll be renamed 'Liberty International Airport' in honor of the September 11th victims. Excuse me, but barf. Who's running the NY/NJ Port Authority, republicans?? I'm sorry, but that's just too much. I lost a friend in the Twin Towers attack, but I am not going to wallow in this pseudopatriotic victimhood bullshit. The mayor of Newark is fighting the name change, but he doesn't stand a chance, the poor shlub. Has he been vilified as a insensitive traitorous commie in the press yet?

Brit TV is interesting. The commercials are the best thing about it, except for a show on streakers that even showed the 'floppy bits'. OK, we did see a good sitcom called 'Half a Pint and a Bag of Crisps', but most of the programming just seemed to cover boat racing, horse racing, more boat racing, cricket, and rugby. Love those hotpants, guys! The big news while we were in Scotland was the kidnapping and murder of two little girls in the UK, and of the captain of the Irish soccer team quitting due to death threats. There was no CNN to be found anywhere, but our hotel in Edinburgh carried pMSNBC, which had a short bit on Kopper from Enron spilling the beans on Andy Fastow - does this mean Kenny-Boy Lay gets off? Our vote is yes.

We did join in the 'No War with Iraq' protest in Edinburgh during the Fringe Festival, but unfortunately did not see any cool signs of Tony Blair as poodle to the Smirking Squatter's dominatrix-chimp.





No comments: