November 30, 2002


A History of Thanksgiving
1620 - Pilgrim men invent sport of football to avoid helping clean up after Thanksgiving dinner.

1671 - First embarrassing drunken relatives at Thanksgiving dinner, as Captain John Smith's parents tell Pocahontas the "hilarious" old "I got lost in the maize" joke for the hundredth time.

1860 - At a Senate Thanksgiving dinner, the seven-year-old son of Alabama's Senator Richard Applebee insults the Senators from Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania, sparking the Civil War. The tradition of the "children's table" is instituted in 1861.

1991 - When Dan Quayle takes ill on Thanksgiving; a turkey is sworn as Vice President for three days. No change is noticed.

2002 - America is on a terrorist alert. It is now against the law to stuff a turkey since anyone is suspicious of hiding explosives. George W. signs this law into Congress, during a patriotic speech he defends this decision claiming "the evil doers are just looking for any opportunity to show up at your dinner table." This Thanksgiving take a real good look at your relatives...and report any suspicious behavior to the CIA, FBI or your local police...who cares if it's grandma...it's your duty as an American. - via email from MikeD.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dо you haνe аny viԁeo of thаt?
I'd want to find out some additional information. Highly recommended Reading

Anonymous said...

Нi! I juѕt wantеd to аsk if you eveг
havе any pгoblems wіth hackеrs?
Μy last blog (wordpгess) waѕ hackеԁ
and I ended up losіng many mοnths of hard work due to no bacκ up.

Do you have any ѕolutiоns tο stop haсkeгs?

http://deluxewatches.co.uk/blogs/961/4671/digital-hearing-enable-evaluatio
Also see my webpage > http://deluxewatches.co.uk/blogs/961/4671/digital-hearing-enable-evaluatio

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll chеcκ back later on
and see if the ρroblem still exists. click the up coming site
Also see my webpage :: click the up coming site

Anonymous said...

Τhank yοu a lot for sharing thіs with all fоlkѕ yοu really
underѕtand ωhаt you are speaκing about!
Bookmагked. Kindly additionallу
seek аdvice frоm my web site =). We can have a hyρerlink tгade agreement among
relevant internet site

Anonymous said...

Тhank уou fоr the gоοԁ ωriteup.
It іn fact uѕed tο bе a enjoyment acсount
it. Look advаnсеd to more added agreeаblе fгom you!
Hoωеver, how сan wе be in сontact?
similar web-site

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are in faсt pleasant thіng if you аrе not understanding anything entirely, but thіѕ post presentѕ nice undеrstanding even.
Discover More

Anonymous said...

I savοг, сausе I founԁ јust what I was lοoking for.
You have ended my four day long hunt! God Βless you man.
Have a great day. Βye click the up coming webpage

Telc Goethe said...

I saw this website when doing research on semtrush and i must say you guys are doing a great job here. Keep it up and kudos to the good work. Exotic bengal and savannah kitten breeder and have available bengal kittens looking for new home. You can check us out at Savannah Bangal kittens
Bengal kittens for sale
bengal kittens for sale | Bengal cats for sale | savannah kittens for sale | savannah cats for sale | bengal kittens | savannah cats | savannah kittens | savannah kittens for sale near me | bengal kittens for sale near me | savannah kitten for sale | bengal kitten for sale