December 16, 2002




I'm nowhere near getting my Christmas shopping done!! Gahhhh!!!! Plus I still have baking to do! The critters are having fun, though. When the kitten's not batting ornaments around the house or tangling himself in tinsel, he's hiding under the tree and pouncing on me when I walk by. The older cat keeps trying to use the fireplace as a litter box, and one of the dogs has developed a taste for wrapping paper. The other one thinks it's great fun to pull little bits off the decorative birch branches I bought. The parrot has been adding farting, burping, and beer jingles to choruses of "Jingle Bell Rock" - the place sounds like some cheesy bar. And as if to get into the holiday spirit, the fishtanks have all turned green.


So, are we tired of Trent Lott yet? Or do you keep finding yourself saying "if Strom Thurmond had been elected president, we wouldn't be having these problems" ?! I stayed up way past my bedtime Saturday to watch Al Gore host SNL, which meant Sunday was spent in a near coma, but boy was it worth it. The Hardball and Weekend Update segments were hysterical. I hope to have a transcript later on, but you can read a partial at Eschaton.

No comments: