May 29, 2003

The Scott Ritter bitchslapfest
mrsrude over at the BC Forum was kind enough to post part of Bill O'Really's interview of Scott Ritter last night on Fux. Here they're discussing the recently found "mobile labs":

RITTER: They don't have the people who built it. The people who built it have said that this is used to produce hydrogen for meteorological balloons.

O'REILLY: All right, but Mr. Ritter, meteorological balloons?

RITTER: Yes, that's - well, look, I have been in the artillery. I don't know if you have, Bill...

O'REILLY: No, I haven't.

RITTER: ... but I've been in field artillery, and we fly met. balloons. You need to have the weather report at the higher altitudes when you fire artillery shells.

O'REILLY: All right.

RITTER: But the CIA also said that aluminum tubes - back if you recall when I went to Iraq in 2002, September - these aluminum tubes for centrifuges? I said, no, they're used for artillery rockets. The CIA came out and said, no, we believe they're used for enrichment. I was right. They were used for...

O'REILLY: But here, you were wrong about this, and we have a minute left. All right?

RITTER: I haven't been wrong about anything regarding weapons of mass destruction.

O'REILLY: No, you were wrong about the war. You said the United States is going to leave Iraq with its tail between its legs, defeated.

RITTER: Oh my gosh, we already lost the war, Bill.

O'REILLY: 3/25/03. Well, wait, if you think that we lost that war, then people are going to say - and you are entitled to your opinion - that you are nuts.

RITTER: Really? In 1965, Bill, when the First Cav Division fought the Vietnamese in the (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Valley, did we win that battle? We sure did. We won every battle after that, too, but I believe in 1975, it was an American helicopter flying off the embassy taking the last American out. We're neck deep in a quagmire in Iraq. We lost the war, Bill.



No comments: