April 28, 2007

I the Department of "You're Entitled to Your Reality; I Have THE Reality" . . . .

Broderella's channeling Karl again.

Yesterday it was his near-fatal case of Reid Derangement Syndrome:

Here's a Washington political riddle where you fill in the blanks: As Alberto Gonzales is to the Republicans, Blank Blank is to the Democrats -- a continuing embarrassment thanks to his amateurish performance.

If you answered " Harry Reid," give yourself an A. And join the long list of senators of both parties who are ready for these two springtime exhibitions of ineptitude to end.


Oh, for fuck's sake.

Where to start? Fuck it; I don't have the time or the energy. Suffice to say that I know of no real Democrat who considers Reid a "springtime exhibition of ineptitude" for acknowledging reality - that the war is lost. Real Democrats want him to say it loud and proud, over and over and fucking over again until it sticks.

If you can stand it, go read the whole thing. Then you'll understand why Broderella is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BushCo and BeltwayCo. Like Bubble Boy, he lives in his own little world that bears no relationship whatsoever to "reality."

Today it's his BFF and fellow Bush Poodle John McCain:

Credit John McCain with one thing: When you're 70 years old, are running for president a second time and have been stumping through the country for many months, it's difficult to spring any surprises in your formal announcement speech.

The Arizona senator came up with one: He is running as the anti-Bush.

After years of cozying up to the man in the White House, and emerging (for better or worse) as the most eloquent defender of Bush's current strategy in Iraq, McCain this week reverted suddenly and dramatically to his 1999-2000 role as the leading Republican critic of politics as usual.


Broderella's conclusion?

But for John McCain, there must be at least some relief now in being able to speak his own mind -- whatever the consequences. Candor, even belatedly, becomes him.


What's that? Oh, yeah. Broderella's headline? "Straight Talking Again."

~ L

2 comments:

ThePoliticalCat said...

Last week, after Maru's last post, I got my jones on:

I love you guys
Indeed I do
But there is only
One Maru.

Yer doin' a great job minding the store while she's gone, though. And the doggerel just rhymed its way into my head, so I had to.

Lilith said...

But there is only
One Maru.


No question. Maru's been my idol for years; on my best day I wish I could snark like she does on her worst.

But I'll take what I can get, so thanks! :-D