June 24, 2008

This is hysterical: after the creationist winguts at Conservapedia doubt a professor's evolutionary biology research, they demand to see his data. He responds with some beautiful pwnage --

I know that I’ve been a bit less polite in this response than in my previous one, but I’m still behaving far more politely than you deserve given your rude, willfully ignorant, and slanderous behavior. And I’ve spent far more time responding than you deserve. However, as I said at the outset, I take education seriously, and I know some of your acolytes still have the ability and desire to think, as do many others who will read this exchange...

-- the whole thing here (h/p to fark.com).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting related link by a scientist who regularly debates creationists and his hesitancy in doing so (due to the virtual futility of convincing any of them):

http://www.csicop.org/si/2007-03/creationism.html

He makes some good comments along the way...

s. douglas said...

I both admire, and respect his patience.

After one exchange, I'm already thinking, "If they say one more idiotic thing, I'm punching them."

Anonymous said...

As said above, the man's patience is enviable. It brings to mind the arguments about whether or not to respond to wingnut 'trolls' in comment threads, with one side discouraging response, claiming that it only encourages them.

I, arguing on the other side, agree with the professor that it must be addressed, and here's the best part:

The Andy Schaflys will invariably keep digging. And digging and digging, and the hole they put themself into becomes fucking hilariously larger, and larger, until, finally, they make the big time:

A nod from WTF. Happy now, wingnut?