July 29, 2008

McCain flipflops on no-new-tax pledge

Senile old codger Jowly McGrumpypants confuses running for president with auditioning for the Olympic Juggling Team. Again.

After frequently promising not to raise taxes, the addlepated old drooler goes back on his word:

March 16th: "None!"
July 7th: "Sen. Obama will raise your taxes. I won't."
July 9th: "I may raise your taxes."
July 27th: "I'm going to raise your taxes, you damn kids!"

John McCain drew a sharp rebuke Monday from conservatives after he signaled an openness to a higher payroll tax for Social Security, contrary to previous vows not to raise taxes of any kind.
His comments drew a strong response Monday from the Club for Republican Growth, a Washington anti-tax-for-republicans group. McCain's comments, the group said in a letter to the disoriented old waffler, are "shocking because you have been adamant in your opposition to raising taxes under any circumstances."
Later today: "I never said I was going to raise taxes."

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ah, yes, nostalgia sets in. Now who was it that said, "Read my lips, no new taxes?"