January 14, 2010

‘They’re just making shit up!’

Fox Noise comes under fire for publicizing a study they claim proves the Earth is moving into a 'mini-ice age'.

By the author of the study.

Mojib Latif, a climate expert at the Leibniz Institute at Kiel University in Germany, said he "cannot understand" reports that used his research to question the scientific consensus on climate change. "It comes as a surprise to me that people would try to use my statements to try to dispute the nature of global warming. I believe in manmade global warming.

"I don't know what to do. They just make these things up."
I don't know why shit like this continues to surprises me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have news for you, there is NO CONSENSUS on Global Warming other than that it exists. As an Earth Scientist, I'm always surprised at the people who claim knowledge of this subject. What is a climate scientist? Climate history belongs to Historical Geology and we are aware of many hundreds or even thousands of climate changes during the history of the Earth. CO2 has also been highly variable during the Earth's history. The reasons for this and the relations of temperatures to CO2 are still being studied and no consensus or even a "preferred" theory has emerged yet. What you are seeing is Governmental Scientists vying for grants by pumping up their own pet theories. Money Money Money

big em said...

Oh, yeah, 'anonymous', I'll just BET you're an 'earth scientist' - - not just some right-wing troll who believes in a 7000 yr old earth, or some oil-company geologist hack. While I don't make questionable claims to be an 'earth scientist', I do read articles in reliable sources (like Science Magazine*, among others) that there IS a consensus among all credible scientific groups studying CLIMATE CHANGE that there IS a significant man-made component to climate change.

Now go back under your bridge.

(* http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686))